Your Vision, Our Mission
We, at GKB Hi-Tech – one of India’s most renowned brand of opticals are focused on empowering everybody with clear vision. As part of our CSR initiative themed ‘Your Vision. Our Mission’, we recently associated with Sindhudurg Live – a regional TV channel to organise around 10 eyecare camps. During the course of these camps organised in various places in Sindhudurg District of Maharashtra, around 4,000 spectacles where donated and 1,453 people were given free cataract operation cards.
At GKB Hi-Tech, we believe that this is just the beginning of our greater mission to give back to society and make a difference. Because improved vision for society means a brighter future for the nation.
Responsibilities of CSR committee:
- To formulate and recommend a CSR policy to the Board;
- To take all required actions for realizing the objectives detailed under the CSR policy;
- To recommend amount of expenditure to be incurred on CSR activities;
- To monitor the execution of CSR policy of the company;
- To meet either physically or using telephone/video conferencing facility at least once in every six months and review the progress in implementing the CSR activities and take appropriate actions for moving forward.
The funds to be allocated for CSR activities shall not be less than 2 percent of average net profits of last three financial years of the Company.
The Company’s engagement in this domain will be disseminated on its annual reports.