Currently, his two technocrat director sons, Mr. Shobit Gupta and Mr. Neeraj Gupta ably assist Mr.Mahendra K. Gupta in running the three companies under the GKB Hi-Tech Group umbrella. The three companies are: Goa Optolab Pvt. Ltd., which manufactures prescription lenses and directly supplies to Opticians worldwide; GKB Hi-Tech Lenses, which manufactures glass and plastic ophthalmic lenses for both export and the domestic market, and GKB Optolab Pvt. Ltd., which takes care of the growing retail operations.
Thanks to the foresight of the Group’s leaders, GKB Hi-Tech’s turnover has risen at an exponential level, from Rupees 50 lakhs to over Rupees 50 crores, in a short span of just 12 years. This is no mean feat by any standards.
With its reputation of always keeping up-to-date with the latest technological advances in the industry, this forward looking company has grown to become one of the largest and most successful ophthalmic lens manufacturers in India, with a current market share of 35-38%. In India, the company can proudly boast of:
- A total manufacturing area ofmore than 150,000 square feet, with 5 AR coating plants, 12 hard coating machines and 600 machines for the manufacture of glass and plastic ophthalmic lenses.
- State-of-the-art machinery imported from LOH, Coburn, Balzers and Satis Vacuum.
- Being the first company in India to manufacture Progressive lenses, Hi-index lenses and multicoated lenses
- Producing lenses which have ISI specification and which also meet International standards including DIN of Germany, FDA ofUSA
- Capacity to manufacture 9000 Rx lenses, 11,000 hard coated lenses, 9000 AR coated lenses and 20,000 stock lenses
- Dispatching over 10,000 made-toorder lenses daily, all over India.
- Being the first company to set up a network of regional prescription laboratories. Currently, they have 15 laboratories in 15 major cities in the country.
- A well-knit marketing and distribution network of service centers in the cities of Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Mangalore, Mumbai, Pune and Surat. These service centers facilitate booking of orders regionally. These orders are then transmitted via e-mail to the factory for processing.
- A chain of 80 retail showrooms across India.
- Exporting ophthalmic lenses to over 30 countries worldwide, including Europe, Middle East and Sub-Saharan countries. Almost 15,000 lenses are exported daily.